Monday, July 10, 2006

Major Developments

This morning Felicity walked from one end of the room to the other. She was so pleased with herself, but her excitement seemed to get the better of her and caused her to fall a bit prematurely. She starts shaking her hands and screeching and seems to be running more than walking! I had the video camera out, but I was a bit sloppy in my videography so I don't know that I got it all on camera.

I can see tooth number 2 making its entrance on the bottom right and it looks like it'll be followed quickly by the top two. So, in time for her birthday we should have a walking and toothy baby!

The birthday plans are underway. I ordered a slew of party decorations yesterday and tomorrow I am off to order the cake. I bought a ladybug birthday dress online for her last week to match the theme. I realize that I might be going a bit overboard with this, but it's just too fun.

The start of the school year is unfortunately right around the corner and that means Felicity's daycare starts. It's going to be quite a horrible transition for me,--going from spending every second with her to being without her from 9-3 four days a week. I know that my scholarship will improve (article writing, what's that?!?) and that my students will get a much more focused teacher. But my oh my am I going to be a wreck. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no such thing as going overboard for a first birthday. It's a blast! :hugs on the daycare thing...I know it's tough on you, but she'll love it.

E

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see her! I wish I lived closer to you so I could babysit more for her!