Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fall Update

It occurred to me to day that I don't "need" to post only when I have photos, but that any little Felicity update would be much appreciated by her adoring fans. So, I'll be posting much more, but the catch is that there will be fewer photos.

I want so much to write about everything that she's up to, but I only have ten minutes before getting back to teaching. So, here's ten minutes worth of what Felicity Mae is up to...

She loves to climb. If there's anything above six inches on the floor, she'll climb on it, try to stand up and, more often than not, topple over and laugh laugh laugh.

She's also become a big fan of perspectives and she loves to look at the world by hunching over and looking between her legs. She thinks it's hysterical. That's our little postmodernist ;) All you have to say is, "Upside-down, Felicity." And she'll stop what she's doing and immediately drop to a downward dog position.

Her unnatural obsession with flags has become my unnatural obsession with buying them. We now have flag decals on our front windows and a huge 3 ft. by 5 ft. American flag on the family room wall. She dances and screams when she sees it. From the street, however, I fear that our house is beginning to look like a scary militant compound and I wonder if the neighbors think I'm stockpiling weapons for the revolution.

Felicity's vocabulary is continuing to soar. She says "bu-bye" to nearly everything when it goes away. This includes turning the television off, throwing away garbage, shutting the car door, closing the refrigerator and turning off the lights. She is also obsessed with eyes. She loves to touch eyes and point to eyes on the characters in her storybooks.

Now that she has seven teeth we've begun brushing them. She's still a little skeptical about the toothbrush, but she thinks it's absolutely hysterical once it's in her mouth.

Eating is still a bit of a challenge. She doesn' t have a very adventurous palate and has some combination of chicken, cheese, tortellini, strawberries, blueberries, green beans, and graham crackers at every meal. At school, however, she apparently eats broccoli and vegetable soup. I don't know how they do it.

Sleep, also, is a challenge. My eagerness to wean her has been met with a stiff resolution to breastfeed at every opportunity. I have, unfortunately, become "that mom." The one whose toddler is old enough and verbal enough to ask for boobie. And whose toddler STILL doesn't sleep through the night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so precious! We love being able to see her in her own little environment! Can't wait to see her in person!

Anonymous said...

Actually I signed the last comment with Ga-Ga. But, for some reason, it didn't go through. Just so you know who sent the comment!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little baby... It is so special being able to share you beautiful little girl even tho we live so so far away. I have heard what a little angel she is and now I have seen for myself. Who knows I may even get to meet her one day.