Monday, June 25, 2007

Bathtime Performance

As it turns out, the "doctor" part of doctor momma has been rather busy doing all of those boring things that professors do---like writing articles and sitting behind a computer. But, if I had more time to just be the "momma," I would have posted a ton of things about all that Felicity has been up to lately. So, in the interest of getting it all out there, I have compiled a list.

20 things I wish I could post about but I have no time.

20 She is obsessed with her doll, Baby Beatrice. Beatrice eats breakfast next to her in the doll highchair and Felicity "feeds" Beatrice, making "mmm" sounds as she places plastic waffles at Beatrice's mouth.

19. She loves cicadas more than ever. Last weekend I came down to see that she had collected a few that had flown into the house. She had them lying on a dryer sheet and informed me that they were "night night."

18. She has devised a new way to get my attention. First she screams, "Mommy!" When that fails she screams, "Ti-ti's Mommy!" and when that fails she screams "Rachel!" (pronouced: Way-chew)

17. She likes the t.v. show The Wiggles. IT's on ONLY at 6 a.m. This means that she has been rising at 6 a.m. Blah.

16. She has a new baby pool in the back yard. She exclaims, "Daddy, GET IN" when she is standing in it and Chris is watching her.

15. She will eat anything so long as it has a toothpick in it. Needless to say, every meal time in the Whidden house lately looks like a cocktail party.

14. She is very interested in talking about different people going "pee pee on potty." But she has yet to put herself in that category.

13. She had syrup on her pancakes for the first time yesterday. She devoured a plateful of pancakes. But she has also begun to eat eggs!!

12. She loves ice cream cones and will finish an adult sized ice cream cone. She calls it "i-beep." And when we put her in the stroller and head downtown she immediately knows it's for "i-beep."

11. She kisses and hugs everything and everyone. Yesterday she even kissed an ink stain on my sheets.

10. She LOVES raw onions. Strange, I know. And it looks like we'll have to up the toothbrushing. I don't think 2 year olds with onion breath are all that cute.

9. She has begun to take a gym class, which is good because she adores climbing. She has fallen prey to the corporate manipulation of Gymboree, though, and leaves the class proudly with her hands stamped with Gymbo the clown.

8. She can climb up the ladder to the big kid slide on the Circle all by herself and then slide down the slide.

7. She screams, "Hi, Lilly!" "Hi Phoebe!" and "Hi Paulette!" at the top of her lungs from the screen door at the front of the house.

6. She mimics everything I do. Last night when I was washing my face she needed her own washcloth and washed along with me.

5. She is protective of anything that is Mommy's. When I was done with my soup and passed it to Chris to finish, she freaked out and told him, "No, Daddy! That's Mommy's soup!" and wouldn't let him eat it.

4. She has become a world-traveler of local parks and play structures. This weekend alone we were at two outdoor mall play areas, the playground at the Circle, and at Gymboree.

3. She loves back scratches and gets angry if I stop before she's done enjoying them.

2. She finally will keep a barette in her hair.

1. She sings Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep. The Incy-Wincy Spider, The Wheels on the Bus, The ABCs, Mary Had a Little Lamb, and can count to 10. Look, see for yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ti-Ti, you are without a doubt the cutest and smartest little girl in the whole world!! Nanma, Nanpa and Eula can't wait to see you! Get ready for some spoiling! We love you!